Feel good about your work again
Entrepreneurial Product Leader
- Mountain View, Portland, Remote Canada, Remote US, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver
We are looking for a focused product manager to direct and manage a new product business at Mozilla. This includes strong product management and business leadership skills. We are launching new products aligned with our mission of building a better internet for a better world.
The successful candidate for this role should possess deep skills in the functions around building new internet businesses: a laser focus on users, product management, engineering management, marketing, business planning and general leadership skills. A strong product leader will drive clarity on the product and business itself, and rally the org in this direction, all while achieving predictable business results.
We pride ourselves on being a different kind of company, and this leader should both represent our values and carry the business forward.
Specific experience in markets such as: consumer internet and mobile apps, security and privacy, new VR experiences, data and identity.
As an Entrepreneurial Product Leader, you will be:
The primary champion of your product and voice for your users, responsible for driving a product to market and adapting to user feedback. You will energetically discover opportunities to make your product better and grow use. You will work with our global community and partners, including the open source community, to not just build a product but have an impact on the internet for the better.
How we work matters just as much as our expertise. This will embody our values, and be a coach, a listener, and a unifier. We hope to raise up voices from our teams, customers and community that otherwise wouldn’t be heard to make sure we build the best possible products. We expect our leaders to run teams with empathy and respect despite pushing for growth -- both of these skills are compatible and vital.
Expectations for the role:
- Define the product and the market
- Get prototypes to market fast to validate and test hypotheses
- Have a clear vision for the future and a rational business plan to support it
- Drive a user-centric methodology for product development
- Implement with engineering best practices while avoiding rabbit holes of tech for tech’s sake
- Drive a steadfast forward focus - what’s next, what do users want, growth
- Attract the best possible talent with a keen understanding of the value of diverse and representative teams
- Drive day to day operations while proactively mitigating business, operational & governance risks
- 5+ years of experience leading and scaling a high growth start-up
- Proven experience impacting rapid growth of an entrepreneurial or startup company
- First-hand experience defining and launching successful products
- Highly collaborative and self-motivated, with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Highly respect and promote diversity & inclusion in the workplace by identifying and supporting diversity and inclusion strategies
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- A balance of data-driven, operational and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive a strong go-to-market strategy and growth
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
Operations: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment