Feel good about your work again
Senior Front-End Engineer (Contract)
- Atlanta, Denver, Remote US
Four-month contracted position located in the United States.
Privacy & security engineers at Mozilla are a vanguard for privacy & security on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle that individuals' privacy & security are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
Firefox Front-End Engineers on the privacy & security engineering team build and maintain most user-facing features that protect the users of our flagship product, the Firefox browser. We work closely with platform engineers and designers in a multi-functional team that is passionate about delivering easy-to-use tools for privacy & security as well as strong default protections. Our projects include the new Enhanced Tracking Protection, the Security & Certificate UI, Web Permissions, and more.
We are a small team with a huge impact that truly cares about protecting our users and the web as a global resource. We are maintainers of a platform and part of a worldwide community. We need your help to keep our mission alive.
- Work alongside other engineers of various specialties, UX Designers, Product Managers, User Researchers to develop innovative security features.
- Build solid, efficient and well-tested engineering solutions to complex problems that directly impact user security & privacy.
- Motivate yourself and manage your time to work well without close supervision.
- Proactively communicate with your team members to give and receive help and convey your progress.
- Gracefully give, receive and act on feedback and code reviews.
- Interact with the Mozilla community to triage bug reports and help out volunteer contributors.
Job Skill Requirements
- An interest in web security and a desire to get familiar with all the technologies that make websites and browsers secure.
- Experience with version control systems (git or hg)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with peers, management, and other teams
- Passion, drive, determination and a demeanor that encourages and elicits collaboration
- Ability to work productively with a geographically distributed team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of web security fundamentals, such as mixed content, CSP or web permissions
- Experience with C++ or C
- Experience with open source software projects and communities
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.the
Engineering: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment