Feel good about your work again
Senior Manager, Tax and Treasury
- Finance and Accounting
- Remote US
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic resource allocation and day-to-day financial operations as Mozilla scales its mission impact with new and existing products, technology and business models to better serve users and advance an agenda for a healthier internet.
We are seeking a hardworking Senior Manager, Tax and Treasury. Reporting to the Global Controller, you will be responsible for all aspects of the tax operations and compliance and treasury. Key responsibilities include direct and indirect tax compliance, assist with tax related close procedures, and partner with cross functional teams and outside consultants on a number of tax projects and initiatives. Additionally you will be responsible for management of our bank relationships, investment portfolios and treasury activities and compliance.
Mozilla Finance is developing and implementing an organizational plan aligned to a 3-year transformation strategy. If you are looking to make an impact, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talents and skills to lead, contribute, and execute together with the team.
As Sr Manager, Tax and Treasury at Mozilla you will…
- Own the US corporate federal, foreign and local tax compliance process with internal and external parties including tax provisions, annual returns, and quarterly tax estimates.
- Review the year-end tax provision in accordance with ASC 740
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of federal, foreign, state and local income tax returns.
- Ensure all tax due dates are met and are reflected in our Corporate tax compliance calendar.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to Finance leadership and develop strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Help plan and structure corporate growth from a tax perspective including researching and recommending proper tax considerations for entering new jurisdictions.
- Manage tax advisers in long-term and discrete tax projects.
- Respond to all tax audits and tax notices, including gathering information and resolving requests.
- Serve as tax lead on process improvement initiatives to develop scalable operational tax compliance procedures and systems.
- Take on ad hoc projects as required
- Provide oversight to the treasury function, and drive excellence in global cash management strategies
- Manage relationships with banks, key vendors, key customers and rating agencies.
- Build and manage a daily cash positioning, and forecasting process
- Further develop, implement, and maintain the bank account structures and controls
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing and reporting processes related the companies investment accounts
Your Professional Profile
- 5-7 years of relevant tax experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, and Masters in Taxation a plus
- Proven ability in researching complex tax issues and documenting conclusions
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex tax problems
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Articulate in verbal and written communications
- Prior working experience with an ERP system is a plus
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws.
Finance and Accounting: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice