Feel good about your work again
Enterprise Data Architect
- Remote US
A lot of companies say they’re “driven by their mission”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
We are looking for a hardworking and driven Enterprise Data Architect to drive and grow our data management practice. This exciting new role will have a dedicated focus on not just defining data elements but on defining new processes for handling, provisioning, and optimizing our enterprise data for maximum business utility. Working in close collaboration with executive leadership and multiple strategic programs across Mozilla, you will drive data architecture strategy and direction.
Responsibilities and duties
- Align enterprise data architecture with our business and technology strategy and roadmaps while effectively communicating to business and technical partners across senior levels of the organization
- Define and establish a technical strategy, standards, and guidelines in the data architecture domain.
- Define, design and document data services, interfaces, and data flows with big picture awareness across the enterprise
- Collaborate with business and IT partners and various practice teams to define transitional and target state data architectures
- Pragmatically implement data architecture principles, standards, and patterns using established Enterprise Architecture governance processes and frameworks
- Collaborate, educate, and mentor architects and technical leaders across the firm on modern data architecture practices
- Develop and maintain strong awareness and acuity of Mozilla’s business and data domains, standards and data policies
- Collaborate within the enterprise systems and services team to incorporate modernizing data governance, metadata management, and data quality into our architectural approaches and patterns
- Capture, design and publish integrative and canonical views of enterprise data at multiple levels of abstraction
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of data modeling experience working with at least three various types of data models (relational, document, wide column, dimensional) and developing solutions for multiple cloud-based database platforms
- 5+ years of complex enterprise experience leading distributed data architecture efforts with subject matter authorities from varying technology and business disciplines
- 5+ years of practice experience in Domain-Driven Design, SOA, Master Data Management, and Data Services.
- 3+ years architecting scalable, highly-available technical solutions
- Broad knowledge of Web technologies: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Enterprise-wide awareness of the business and data domains in relation to core business processes and capabilities, and enabling technology platforms
- Experience designing and/or optimizing processes to ensure operational excellence
- Applying architectural principles and govern based on established principles
- Strong architecture, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to handle ambiguous, and evolving requirements
- Experience successfully planning, influencing, and leading architecture initiatives across IT and business organizations and teams
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the company; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Multiple successes delivering architecture in an agile/scrum environment
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across the organization to influence, inspire and lead others around decisions that provide clear positive results to the company
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
IT: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice