Feel good about your work again
- Remote US
Location Details: Mozilla’s US office locations include San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US for this position.
A lot of companies say they’re “driven by their mission”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Are you a driven and results-oriented Enterprise Architect that can help us develop and lay the foundation of future state enterprise platform capabilities? This exciting new role will contribute to the enterprise cloud strategy working directly with the business and technology leaders along with System and Application architects on large scale solutions across Mozilla. The Enterprise Architect will lead the architectural direction and guidance to accurately align technology in support of the needs of our company, guiding the enterprise through transformation and optimization initiatives!
Responsibilities and duties
- Align enterprise architecture with Mozilla’s business and strategy and technology roadmaps while effectively communicating to business and technical partners across senior levels of the organization
- Introduce and accelerate new technologies and methodologies to support digital transformation
- Pragmatically implement architecture principles, standards, and patterns using established Enterprise Architecture governance processes and frameworks
- Lead the design, modeling & management of reference architectures for delivery, development, and support of projects while maintaining strong awareness and acuity of business and data domains, standards and data policies
- Partner with other system, data & application architects to provide scalable and adaptable architectural solutions; promoting the use of a shared data & application infrastructure to reduce costs and modernize our architectural approaches and patterns
- Develop and maintain policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent technology framework & reference architecture are applied across Mozilla
- Participate in architecture review to evaluate project proposals for architectural fit
- Collaborate with product management, program management and partners in building the long-term strategic roadmap for enterprise technology systems architecture in line with business priorities and objectives
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-7+ years of complex enterprise experience leading distributed data architecture efforts with domain expertise from varying technology and business disciplines.
- 3-5+ years of architecting scalable, highly-available cloud and/or open-source based technical solutions with broad knowledge of web technologies: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- 3+ years with information management practices, Domain-Driven Design, SOA, Master Data Management, Data Services, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA frameworks.
- Data modeling experience working with at least three various types of data models (relational, document, wide column, dimensional) and developing solutions for multiple cloud-based database platforms
- Experience modernizing data governance, metadata management, and data quality into our architectural approaches and patterns with cloud-based or open-source technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many business partners, successfully planning, influencing, and leading architecture initiatives across IT and business organizations and teams
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, inspire and lead others at all levels in the company
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere! And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
IT: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice