Feel good about your work again
Director of Site Reliability Engineering
- Remote Canada, Remote US
Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position.
As the Director of SRE, you will be responsible for the cloud infrastructure behind all of Mozilla’s services which includes both the enterprise and Firefox backend services and delivery systems. You will collaborate with senior leadership and the product engineering teams to provide technical strategy and vision for Mozilla’s cloud infrastructure. The position will require deep technical expertise coupled with the ability to lead in a very multifaceted and geographically dispersed environment. Creative problem-solving skills and a risk-taking demeanor will be key to success.
What you will do:
- Lead several SRE teams responsible for cloud infrastructure for both the enterprise and product delivery
- Create and maintain a unified strategy for governance, automation, implementation and operations
- Manage and prioritize new projects, ongoing support, and technical debt
- Partner with security and development to drive improvements across all areas
- Identify, measure, maintain, and report appropriate metrics across products to internal and external partners
What you will bring to the role:
- 5+ years of leading SRE teams
- 5+ years of web service architecture and delivery experience
- 3+ years of cloud infrastructure management experience (AWS or GCP)
- Solid grasp of agile and lean development and management processes
- Ability to accept direction and communicate effectively to multiple levels of technical and management expertise
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender (with or without sexual conduct), gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
IT: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice