Feel good about your work again
Manager, Product Management- Firefox
- Remote Canada, Remote US
More than a decade ago, with the launch of Firefox 1.0, Mozilla paved the way for the first generation of rich internet applications. Since then Mozilla, a corporation fully owned by a non-profit has continued to advance a healthy internet. The Firefox Desktop product team plays a central role in advancing this mission.
A healthier internet begins with the tools we use to build, access, and discover the web. Today, a few tech companies play a disproportionate role in crafting the internet used by 4.5 billion people.
Now it's your turn to ensure the citizens of the modern web play a defining role in crafting its future.
About Firefox Product Management
We are building a culture of adaptable product leaders, who believe that product management is an apprentice craft and fostered through open dialogue and feedback.
We believe in the value of qualitative data to develop rich insights and continuous measurement through experimentation, data analysis, hypothesis and tracking metrics.
We partner richly and align teams on a shared perspective about the product we are intended to ship.
We believe in delivering a cohesive product experience to our customers.
We believe in shipping products that have care built in.
We believe in a culture of coaching and reflective thinking about our goals and the day to day activities we do to move the needle.
We believe in striving for a high velocity operating cadence.
Join Firefox and help us build a product team to shepherd the next generation of browser innovation.
We are looking for a Manager of Product Management to join our team in delivering a better browser for a better web.
Are you inspired by what's possible? Join us.
Note: In this role, you will do more than mindlessly improve a metric---you will play an active role in bringing to life the next wave of internet experiences.
You've got this if you are ...
- An experienced product leader with a track record for creating great customer experiences.
- An empathetic listener who actively synthesizes multiple perspectives into clear product direction.
- A product leader capable of conversing at multiple depths about internet technologies.
- Adaptable and capable of leading a range of product experiences from technical services that help protect user data to customer experience innovation.
- Passionate about contributing to a high-velocity learning culture.
- Deft about the uses and limits of data.
- Support a team of product managers at various experience levels.
- Collaborate as a part of the Firefox Desktop product leadership team in defining the team process and vision.
- Coach product managers and product team members in engineering and design on the heuristics of great products.
- Lead major cross-group and interdisciplinary initiatives.
- Contribute to spec-reviews and provide feedback and guidance to the product team on quality and strategic and experience alignment.
- Collaborate with engineers, user experience, and other cross-team leaders to define and articulate product roadmaps and strategies.
- Build a strong perspective and subject matter expertise on consumer trends and translate into perspectives pertinent to the Firefox browser.
- Balance technical, customer, and business insight.
- Contribute to healthy product team relationships and strong partnerships with the Firefox Mobile team.
- Bring your full and authentic self!
- A non-profit (Mozilla), our purpose is our mission.
- Learn from a diverse and opinionated leadership team.
- A great place to learn and develop the craft of product management.
- Receive generous training allocation and continuous learning support.
- Remote friendly work environment.
- Choose your own computing device.
- Shape the future of the internet!
- Have prior skills, education, or experience in user experience, analytics, business strategy, ethnographic research, or related experience.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new and complex topics.
- Product leader with 7+ years of experience playing a meaningful role in delivering software products.
- Prior experience collaborating with healthy and effective design, marketing, and data science teams.
- Experience exercising product judgment including leading teams through decision-making process with incomplete or limited access to data.
- Experience operating in and advocating for high-velocity experimentation.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate sophisticated ideas in written and verbal communication understood by specialists and non-experts alike.
- Track record of customer engagement and community collaboration.
- Prior management experience a plus.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Firefox: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice