Feel good about your work again
Staff Android Engineer
- Berlin, Remote Canada, Remote US
Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position. We are also open to Berlin, Germany.
Are you passionate about mobile applications that enrich users’ lives? Do you want to help us grow the much loved Firefox and Focus browsers for an extensive Android audience? We are looking for a Mobile Engineer to help make this happen.
As a Staff Mobile Engineer at Mozilla, you will:
- Design, write, maintain, and debug software for large and sophisticated mobile applications
- Care about a healthy team dynamic, and value mentorship as ways to grow a cohesive and strong team
- Exemplify standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, crafting tests, profiling code, and mentoring others
- Become proficient with our code base and technology stack
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed team
- Work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project, and engage with Mozilla’s global community
Your Professional Profile
- You have experience building and shipping native Android mobile applications
- You have strong coding skills in Java or Kotlin.
- You are passionate about learning and sharing knowledge with others
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains so you should be interested in learning new things. We’re excited to speak to candidates who also have experience with or want to learn more about: open source, the web, identity, privacy, and protecting users.
If you have different mobile experiences and skills from the ones listed above but have something else to contribute, please contact us.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Firefox: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice