Feel good about your work again
Senior Director of Marketing
- Remote US
Mozilla is in a category of one: a global technology social enterprise with a mission to keep the internet open and accessible to everyone. We drive impact by building great products and services that provide safer, more private experiences and are built to protect people's rights online, not line the pockets of shareholders and corporate executives.
Mozilla is unlike any other technology company in its approach to growth. We are both entrepreneurial and focused on public benefit. We disrupt stale and imbalanced markets by placing people ahead of profits and advocating for shared standards that put the user first. Few in number, take our cues from pop culture, the competitive landscape and our own product pipeline to advance our products and make a difference in the world. We consciously look for ways to be different, including how we present ourselves to the world through storytelling and design, experiences and content.
The Studio Lead will drive the creative engine for the marketing department. With an eye towards process excellence that drives high quality creative work and strategic evolution of brand strategy, this marketing leader will inspire the team to work better, not harder. The Studio Lead is focused on ensuring that irresistible, quick-to-market content marketing is shipped on a weekly basis. An expert in cross functional collaboration, agile marketing process and developing widely adopted systems that aid workflow, the Studio Lead will unlock new ways for the marketing team to go-to-market. From identifying key strategic opportunities from around Mozilla and inspiring high level creative thinking, to enabling the team to develop useful toolkits and execute flawlessly, the Studio Lead will drive the long-term success of the marketing department.
As Studio Lead you will
- Serve as a key member of the Marketing Leadership Team reporting directly to the CMO
- Collaborate closely with the Comms lead and GTM lead
- Oversee a talented team of designers, video creators and writers
- Develop improved processes and enact them through the production team
- Oversee the development of brand tools for existing and new products with the Director of Brand Strategy
- Determine the production infrastructure needed for execution of creative vision
- Track record of leading a creative and production team to create best in class marketing content
- Experience designing and rolling out key production and resourcing tools and systems
- Experience launching new brands and products
- Eye for detail and a passion for prioritization
- Track record of motivating a team to work together to achieve high productivity
- Must be able to prioritize and handle several projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Marketing: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice