Feel good about your work again
Senior Manager of Operations Security Engineering
- Remote Canada, Remote US
Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position.
The Senior Manager of Operations Security Engineering leads a team of operations security engineers that protect all of Mozilla. You will design, develop, implement and operate security services and programs that improve the security posture of Mozilla. You will build and deliver tools and solutions and partner with teams across the organization to improve overall operations security from the infrastructure to the application.
In this role, you will…
Lead and be responsible for operations security services including SIEM, fraud detection, endpoint security, security tooling, data security, and cloud security
Lead the development of the operations security engineering strategy, technical roadmap, and security tools engineering
Build the security architecture vision, capabilities and solutions with the team and partners
Ensure thoughtful planning and timely execution on the security program portfolio including budget and resource prioritization
Lead a team of technical authorities, guide and empower them to plan, design and implement security operations
Your Professional Profile
6+ years of relevant hands-on experience in security services with experience in leading and driving major security programs
3+ years of people management experience and the ability to develop and mentor team members under your leadership
Experience running security across public cloud and on-premise infrastructure and understanding of controls used to protect these environments
Knowledge of software development lifecycle, software testing, and release management
Familiarity with modern devops practices and how software and infrastructure is configured in cloud services
Understanding of risk management concepts and risk driven security architecture
Good interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
IT: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice