- Remote Canada, Remote US, San Francisco Bay Area
The Senior Manager of Security Engineering leads a team of operations security engineers that protect all of Mozilla. You will design, develop, implement and operate security services and programs that improve the security posture of Mozilla. You will build and deliver tools and solutions and partner with teams across the organization to improve overall operations security from the infrastructure to the application.
In this role, you will…
- Manage operations security services including fraud detection, security tooling, data security, and cloud security
- Lead the development of the operations security engineering strategy and technical roadmap
- Develop tooling and frameworks to secure backend services throughout the SDLC
- Lead a group of globally distributed security engineers, guide and empower them to plan, design and implement security operations
Your Professional Profile
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on experience in security services with experience in leading and driving development of security tools
- 3+ years of people management experience and the ability to develop and mentor team members under your leadership
- Experience running security across public cloud and on-premise infrastructure and understanding of controls used to protect these environments
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, software testing, and release management
- Familiarity with modern devops practices and how software and infrastructure is configured in cloud services
- Understanding of risk management concepts and risk driven security architecture
- Good interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice