Feel good about your work again
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Remote Canada, Remote US
Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position.
Mozilla’s SRE Team is looking for a Senior SRE to help us build and maintain infrastructure that supports Firefox’s many features, Mozilla’s web properties and upcoming products. You’ll combine skills from DevOps/SRE, systems administration, and software development to influence product architecture and evolution by crafting reliable cloud-based infrastructure for internal and external services.
As an SRE you’ll work closely with Mozilla’s engineering and product teams and participate in significant engineering projects across the company. You’ll collaborate with passionate engineers across different levels of experience and backgrounds. A lot of your work will involve improving existing systems, building new infrastructure, evaluating tools and eliminating toil.
This position is remote friendly and available in the USA and Canada.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
Design, maintain and improve automation code in Python
Build CI/CD orchestration
Diagnose and debug production incidents and then improve systems to prevent the problem from recurring
Collaborate with software development teams
Mentor junior engineers
Manage multiple projects with an eye on high quality and timely delivery
Your Professional Profile
Degree and 3 years of experience (or equivalent experience) related to software development and operations
Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or Rust
Experience with tools such as Terraform, Helm, Cloudformation, Ansible, or Puppet
Strong communication skills
Expertise running services on AWS or GCP
As our team works across multiple areas, you should be curious and interested in learning new things. We are excited to see any additional experience with:
Web application design and development
Open source software involvement
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
IT: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice