- Product Operations
- Remote Canada, Remote US
Mozilla’s Hubs Team is looking for experienced Support Engineers to provide an engineering backbone to our Support, Community and Business Development teams in the form of triage, data analysis, problem-solving, minor bug fixes, and custom-built solutions. As a key partner with our Support and Community teams, you will be on the front lines with our customers and partners to help design comprehensive technical solutions that meet their business needs.
As a support engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Hubs product portfolio and how it can be used to support a wide range of use cases across multiple industries
- Field and triage incoming technical support and business development requests
- Support business development and community partners with technical consultations
- Work closely with our Support, Product, Community, and QA teams to gain a deep understanding of customer use cases and common issues, propose solutions, and contribute updates to internal and external documentation
- Ship small fixes and customer facing improvements
- Design, build and run proof of concepts with prospective customers
Your Professional Profile
- Degree or 2 years of experience related to software development
- Experience in a customer facing, pre-sales, solutions engineering, customer success or field engineering role
- Demonstrated track record of customer centric service
- Naturally curious and enjoy tackling the most difficult technical problems
- Familiar with modern web development languages and want to develop those skills further.
- Have a good handle on using command line utilities.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with AWS, CloudFormation, Chef Habitat, and general linux system administration is a big plus
As our team works across multiple areas, you should be curious and interested in learning new things. We are excited to see any additional experience with:
- Open source software involvement
- Web application design and development
- 3D application development
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice