Mobile Engineering ManagerApply for this job
- Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver
Are you passionate about mobile applications that enrich users’ lives? Do you want to build software for a massive audience? Do you want to think beyond a conventional Web browser and explore and build the future of the Web on mobile? We are looking for a Mobile Engineering Manager to help make this happen.
As a Mobile Engineering Manager you will:
- Mentor and manage a distributed team of 4-8 mobile software engineers.
- Report to an engineering director or senior manager.
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Anticipate headcount needs for the team and recruit to fill these needs.
- Communicate the roadmap, scope and risks of your projects, and lead the delivery of major initiatives on clear timelines.
- Work openly and build a relationship with our user base and open source community.
- Create an environment in which your team members are continuously challenged and exposed to new opportunities.
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
- 6 years of overall relevant industry experience, with at least 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- Proven ability to successfully lead and ship mobile software projects on Android or iOS.
- Proficiency with software development practices for triage, prioritization, and execution.
- Can take initiative in a loosely structured environment and lead your team to success.
- Capability to manage and mentor geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with some of the areas listed below, and be interested in learning new things. We’re excited to see:
- Experience with mobile product analytics.
- Experience with managing mobile applications on Google Play or iTunes Connect.
- Working knowledge with one of the following programming languages: Java or Swift.
- Working knowledge of iOS or Android build and test processes.
Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in our Vancouver, Portland, Mountain View, San Francisco, or Toronto offices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.