Feel good about your work again
Senior Product Manager - Privacy & Networking
- Product Operations
- Portland Office, Remote Canada, Remote San Francisco Bay Area , Remote Toronto/Vancouver Area, Remote US, San Francisco Office, Toronto Office
More than a decade ago Mozilla paved the way for the first generation of rich internet applications. Since then Mozilla, a corporation fully owned by a non-profit has continued to advance a healthy internet. We're now building a product team to play a central role in advancing this mission through a related set of privacy-centric services.
A healthier internet begins with the tools used to build, access, and discover the web. Today, a few tech companies play a disproportionate role in shaping the internet used by 4.5 billion people.
Now it's your turn to ensure the citizens of the modern web have more control over how their data is used and accessed by these companies.
Join Mozilla's Core Product Organization.
We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Product Manager to join our team as we conceive, develop, and grow products for privacy-first consumer experiences.
Note: In this role, you will do more than mindlessly improve a metric-—you will bring startup energy to help our team build new businesses, conceive of
What You'll Do
- Champion modern product management practices within your team and through the organization.
- Collaborate as a privacy product leader with a point of view in defining the team process and vision.
- Lead major cross-group and interdisciplinary initiatives.
- Contribute to spec-reviews and provide feedback and guidance to the product team on clarity of thinking and point of view.
- Collaborate with engineers, user experience, and other cross-team leaders to define and articulate product roadmaps and strategies.
- Bring to life the product strategy for engineering, user experience counterparts, and partner teams.
- Build a strong perspective and subject matter expertise privacy and network on industry trends and translate into perspectives pertinent to product development.
- Balance technical, customer, and business insight.
- Contribute to healthy product team relationships and strong partnerships with internal and external partner product teams.
- First-hand experience defining and launching successful VPN or networking products.
What You Bring
- Inspired by what's possible.
- An experienced product manager with a track record for driving early-stage growth.
- Curious about products to enhance consumer privacy and security on the web.
- A technologist by experience or education, capable of conversing at multiple depths about internet technologies.
- A high-velocity learner capable of leading a range of product experiences from technical services that help protect user data to customer experiences.
- Bias towards experimentation but not afraid of making a decision.
- Your full and authentic self!
- Prior skills, education, or experience in user experience, analytics, business strategy, ethnographic research, or related experience.
- Demonstrable ability alike to learn new and complex topics.
- Product leader with 7+ years of experience contributing to software products.
- Experience collaborating with healthy and effective design, marketing, and data science teams.
- Track record of experimentation and contributing to effective go to market activities.
- Experience operating in and advocating for high-velocity experimentation.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can communicate complex ideas in written and verbal communication.
- Track record of customer engagement and advocacy.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Product Operations: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice