Feel good about your work again
Marketing Visual Designer
- Berlin Office
The Visual Designer position on the European Marketing team is a 12-month contract position and will be based in Berlin, Germany.
As a Visual Designer on the European Marketing team, you will play a central role in shaping the way Firefox, Mozilla and Pocket will show up in the world – specifically in France and Germany – and how they communicate with their audience.
Fighting against conformity and the right to internet freely and stay protected online, you will engage with millions of internet users in Europe. Your task is to make the complex, and abstract – real and tangible.
This role will focus on working closely with our Creative Lead in Europe to expand the Firefox narrative across our German and French social, digital, print, and web properties. This team has insight into all of the business strategies and initiatives at Mozilla and its different products, and is responsible for the main content platforms for Mozilla, Firefox and Pocket. It’s a dynamic and exciting team to be a part of. Your role will be to design a connected, compelling experience for our European users from getting their attention out in the world and bringing them into our website. You will shape public perception of issues like online privacy and ethical tech and help to make those topics relevant and accessible to our audiences.
A passionate graphic designer with strong conceptual thinking and a diverse portfolio showcasing experience across a variety of mediums including digital ads, website and print. You are a conceptual thinker, comfortable asking questions, interested in data and research, and looking to create user-centered experiences that are differentiating and fresh. You think on a macro and a micro level, make decisions that support both the system and the individual component. You are focused on digital but well versed in both digital and print and are able to contribute on both levels, from concept to final production. You have experience designing and shipping consumer-facing digital products. You understand how to approach a consumer segment and how to get people’s attention through visuals and on the channels they use. You also have a good understanding on how to approach visual storytelling on social media. You’re enthusiastic about how things work and in creating a visually cohesive and well designed experience.
You are motivated, curious and passionate and willing to continually grow and push your technical abilities and design knowledge.
- Work closely with Creative Lead and key partners to understand the requirements of a creative brief, develop concepts, iterate quickly, and ship experiences in a digital framework
- Shape project strategy, process and goals
- Work collaboratively with other marketers, channel managers, designers and writers and present your work to stakeholders for buy in
- Work independently and efficiently during high intensity rapid response campaigns
- Craft and concept original design and illustration for social media, video, brand identity, and digital channels
- Create infographics and explainer illustration that support editorial content
- Work with the Websites team and support the European Team by creating SEO pages, product landing pages & campaign landing pages
- Exercise user-first thinking to produce an enjoyable experience for the user throughout their marketing journey
- Advocate for the importance of user centered design and consumer quality experiences on the team and within the greater organization
- Demonstrate solutions to internal and external partners and iterate quickly on feedback
- Participate in weekly all-marketing meetings, create presentation decks and come ready to represent the work of the EU Marketing team to the wider organization
Your Professional Profile:
- 5+ years of professional experience in graphic design
- Strong portfolio of interaction, brand, and visual design
- Experience working with web developers to deliver web pages
- Experience in concepting and executing brand campaigns
- Ability to rapidly conceive, visualize and iterate design solutions in a shared environment
- Excellent communication & project management skills
- Excellent collaboration & presentation skills
- Fluent in English with great or even native German and/or French language skills (our workplace language is English but our focus will be on content for France and Germany
- Experience crafting and shipping digital marketing for consumer facing products
- Strong visual design skills:
- Type, color, layout, hierarchy
- Iconography and illustration
- Web design
- Experience setting up creative user testing and research
- Knowledge of Figma
- Video & motion experience
- Experience with crafting digital design systems
- Experience in working on a distributed team
Marketing: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice