- Data Organization
- Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote Germany
Now more than ever, the Internet is a utility that facilitates modern life. At Mozilla, we take this to heart, striving to build products that keep the Internet open, accessible, and secure for everyone. We handle terabytes of data every day from millions of users to guide our decision-making processes. We need your help to enable the future of Mozilla in a way that makes us proud!
As a Data Engineer at Mozilla, you’ll be working with a cross functional team to ensure the quality of data and insights, from product instrumentation through to the applications we use to perform analysis. Check out the Data@Mozilla blog for more details on some of our work.
- You will help design, build, and improve the infrastructure for ingesting, storing, and transforming data at a scale of tens of terabytes per day
- You will help design and build systems to monitor and analyze data from Mozilla’s products
- You will work with other data engineers to design and maintain scalable data models and ETL pipelines
- You will work with data scientists to answer questions and guide product decisions
General Professional Requirements:
- Proficiency with one or more of the programming languages used by our teams (SQL, Python, Java, Rust)
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: modularity, abstraction, data structures, and algorithms
- Ability to work collaboratively with a distributed team
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should have proficiency in one or more of the areas listed below, and be interested in learning about the others.
- You have experience with data infrastructure: databases, message queues, batch and stream processing
- You have used data to answer specific questions and guide company decisions
- You have experience building modular and reusable ETL/ELT pipelines in distributed databases
- You have experience with highly scalable distributed systems hosted on cloud providers (e.g. Google Cloud Platform)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice