- Berlin Office, Remote Germany, Remote UK, San Francisco Office, Remote US, Toronto Office, Remote Canada
The Mozilla Foundation is a non-profit public benefit organization. Our mission is to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all! Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto and in 2020, we launched a multi-year investment strategy focused on advancing “Trustworthy Artificial Intelligence” globally. Our strategic plan on Trustworthy AI is described in greater detail here. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online!
Our Fellowships and Awards team is seeking a Program Assistant to join their team. The Mozilla Foundation’s Fellowships and Awards team manages a grantmaking strategy for providing essential funding and resources to partners in the movement for a healthier internet. You will be a key player in delivering fellowship and awards programs that support important work across movements to build a more open, secure, and inclusive internet. In addition to working closely with all members of the Fellowships and Awards team, you will also work collaboratively with colleagues in the wider Global Programs team, as well as with the Strategic Operations team.
Advancing Mozilla’s philanthropic mission by providing programmatic support for fellowships and awards programs:
- Providing general program assistance, including administrative support for fellowship and award application cycles and assisting with alumni community coordination
- Documenting program activities
- Responding to operational support requests from fellows and awardees
- Ensuring program handbooks and templates are up to date
Provide administrative support for the Fellowships & Awards team. These responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Director, Fellowships and Awards with program management tasks
- Responding to inquiries to general inboxes
- Organizing team databases (CRM)
- Helping to manage internal stakeholder relationships, especially as it relates to operations
Coordinating calendars and events within and across all fellowships and awards programs
- Coordinating team and program events
- Managing a team calendar
- Providing administrative support for internal and external meetings, including back-end support for public events
Experience and Qualifications:
- Outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to balance competing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse partners
- Competency in the use of organisational systems and multimedia platforms
- Dedication to service and support for members of our team; timely response to requests and follow-up as needed.
Salary and Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive and market-based salary that takes into consideration the responsibilities and requirements of the role. The Mozilla Foundation aims to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity and fairness of our offer process and ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, along with mid-point, for this role in each of the key countries in which we employ staff is listed below. We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range.
- Germany: €50,327 - €61,511 (mid-point: €55,919)
- UK: £26,931 - £32,916 (mid-point: £29,924)
- Canada: $54,992 - $67,213 (mid-point: $61,103)
- US: $50,076 - $61,203 (mid-point: $55,640)
Depending on the successful candidate’s location, we may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary that accounts for local job market weighting. This differential is applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidate’s location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with representative examples of salary ranges, along with mid-point, with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: £29,355 - £35,878 (mid-point: £32,617)
- Toronto: $59,336 - $72,522 (mid-point: $ 65,929)
- New York: $55,483 - $67,813 (mid-point: $ 61,648)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
The Mozilla Foundation offers the following benefits for our staff:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Maternity and Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice