- Remote US, Remote Canada
Mozilla is looking to fill a Senior Project Manager position to work with the Mozilla IT & Engineering Operations team to lead all project stages for multiple, large-scale, cross-functional projects. This role will be responsible to coordinate multiple projects across multiple locations, build and run cross-functional project teams to ensure that project results are met. This includes leading project teams, establishing/maintaining project timelines and budgets, being responsible for the completion of deliverables and prioritizing actions. The Senior Project Manager will be an individual contributor and will report directly to the Sr. Director of IT & Engineering Operations.
As a Senior Project Manager at Mozilla, you will...
- Create and define project scope and objectives
- Develop and handle a detailed project timeline and work plan
- Coordinate and prioritize resources across projects, managing links between the projects, costs and risks
- Ensure there are regular reviews, accountability and management of projects
- Resolve any blockers in projects or initiatives underway that are impeding success
- Investigate and evaluate opportunities to improve work flows and delivery models to increase efficiency and delivery velocity
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to project teams as well as various partners
Your Professional Profile
- 6+ years of project management experience in an IT/Operations environment
- Proven ability to lead multiple, simultaneous projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to juggle many activities without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes imperfect data
- Strong communication, relationship building and negotiation skills
- Results and detail oriented, ambitious and self-assertive
- Experience with software development and requirements gathering techniques such as Agile (Scrum, AUP, etc) and Waterfall
- Knowledge and experience using Project Management tools
- Experience working with a geographically-dispersed workforce through the use of video conferencing and Internet chat communications tools
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice