- People & Organizational Development
- Remote US
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
We are looking for a People Operations & HRIS Manager who is passionate about building thoughtful, streamlined, global employee lifecycle processes and has a clear vision of how to best demonstrate technology to support these processes. You love to craft simple solutions for sophisticated problems. You believe in the guiding principles of quality, consistency and empathy to drive your everyday work and projects, strengthening the Mozilla People Team’s partnership with the organization’s leaders and employees.
What You'll Get To Do
- Coach and develop a team of talented People Ops and HRIS Analysts ensuring daily priorities and long term goals are successfully delivered
- Manage transactions and tasks in Workday to ensure data integrity, efficient business processes, and accurate data reporting and visualization
- Own employee life cycle events and ensure they are aligned with local and global regulations
- Support diverse, comprehensive People programs, which entails cross-functional leadership and strong relationship development - these efforts span the entire employee life cycle and often serve as the basis in which the People team adds constant value to client groups and employees
- Assess Mozilla’s People Technology Platforms (Workday, Greenhouse, Culture Amp), make recommendations on how to utilize these platforms to their fullest potential and deploy systems enhancements
- Conduct regular audits of system security, access, permissions, and approvals
- Build, manage, and maintain relationships with outside vendors to ensure scope of work is delivered timely
What You Bring
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience
- 4+ years of leading Workday deployments and system enhancements
- Demonstrated success in leading People Ops functions
- A strong understanding of HR fundamentals and compliance
- Excellent project management skills in defining scope, schedules, and resources to ensure consistent quality
- Effectively communicate business requirements into technical scope and vice versa
- Ability to create and successfully execute on People Technology Roadmap
- Ability to work efficiently and optimally in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Ability to handle highly sensitive & confidential data with integrity
- Successfully work in an inclusive manner with distributed teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
Bonus points for...
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Workday Pro certification
- Program/Project Management experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice