- Core Product-Security
- US Remote, Canada Remote
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
The Privacy and Security team is a vanguard protecting for people on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle: individuals’ security & privacy are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
One year after the launch of our flagship product, the Mozilla VPN, the Privacy and Security product team is hard at work building new products to add to our portfolio. With our target user being anyone with internet access, researchers on our team directly contribute to product strategy by segmenting and investigating potential markets to provide meaningful insights to our product and engineering teams.
What you'll do
Lead all aspects of product research, including partnering with key collaborators to frame problems, designing research methodologies, implementing high-quality data collection, and analyzing results.
Deliver and present actionable, data-based product recommendations based on feature prioritization research, market assessments, competitive analysis, audience segmentation, and brand satisfaction comparisons.
Become a trusted authority on privacy and security consumer products, partnering with external vendors and other research specialties like data scientists as a peer contributor
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience in UX and product research
- Prior experience gathering and analyzing both attitudinal and behavioral data
- Deep understanding the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- High regard for users' experiences and debias research
- Savvy presentation skills, ability to use story telling to convey the meaning of research findings
- New product/pre-market research experience
- Experience with Privacy and Security related products
- Market research experience for audiences in languages other than English or outside North America
- Technical (light programming) skills to write scripts to target users or customize a survey platform
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice