- Core Product-Security
- US Remote
Join us on the Privacy & Security Engineering team. We are a vanguard protecting people on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle: individuals’ security & privacy are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
Our products can be used by anyone with internet access to protect their privacy and personal information. We build comprehensive full-stack software like Mozilla VPN, Firefox Monitor, Relay, and Containers. We code web services and APIs, web front-ends, browser extensions, and client-side apps.
You’ll be taking on a key role for our team, designing, building, and implementing test automation frameworks for our cross platform products. In this position, you’ll have the ability to own end-to-end test automation projects, influence test strategies, drive decision making, and ensure quality across all our products.
If you advocate for best practices, effectively partner with cross functional teams, thrive in a remote working environment, and enjoy the challenge of delivering quality products in a complex and dynamic environment, this job could be great for you!
What you’ll do:
- Architect, build, and execute and test strategies, processes, frameworks for cross platform applications
- Own end to end test automation projects
- Identify gaps in test coverage and create automation test frameworks to solve them
- Develop and maintain continuous integration environments including building an end-to-end CI pipeline
- Identify and resolve bugs and issues in privacy and security products and services
- Identify opportunities to improve quality control in software development processes and minimize risk
What you bring:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in a software automation engineering role (SDET, test engineer, etc)
- 2+ years working on websites and APIs
- Experience with Circle-CI, or similar CI/CD platform
- Experience creating test frameworks and tooling
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on collaboration
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies
- Detail oriented within a fast-paced, changing environment
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on highly trafficked services, sites, and apps
- Experience with load testing, mobile testing, and/or testing billing and payment systems
- Experience working with AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience testing consumer products for privacy and security
- A passion for open source technologies
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws.
Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice