- Remote US, Remote Canada
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Are you eager to build a better internet? Join Mozilla’s marketing team as a Marketing Manager focused on paid media. We are looking for someone who is passionate about media strategy and execution, particularly in the acquisition space. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of how to plan, execute and measure marketing campaigns and will use their previous experience to help us find new ways to bring consumers into our products and services. They are excited about digital marketing and want to balance established tactics with experimentation and emerging trends. They are comfortable analyzing data, understanding consumer insights and connecting these into business narratives.
This is an individual contributor role reporting to our Director of Activation.
What You'll Get To Do
- Own the activation planning and execution for our paid media channels to drive conversion for one to two Mozilla product areas
- Implement test-learn-adapt paid media programs in partnership with our agency that optimizes on marketing objectives
- Lead the channel briefing for and delivery of the assets needed to support channel activations
- Collaborate on our website and mobile app store optimization efforts in order to ensure we have consumer journeys that convert
- Analyze and report on activation results and identify and apply key findings to future activations
- Collaborate on channel strategies that pull in market insights to ensure we are using the best channels for our efforts
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external teams in a dynamic environment
What You Bring
- Demonstrated ability in digital media planning with expertise in acquisition marketing
- Experience operationalizing & implementing processes and leading multiple projects - process and attention to detail/organization are second nature to you
- Experience working at an agency, managing an agency or working at a tech company
- Well-versed in data analysis, consumer audience insights and connecting them into business narratives
- Strategic mindset that can see the big picture while managing the individual pieces
- Curiosity and interest in following digital trends in marketing, channel strategy, and eager to share what you learn with the team
- Excellent presentation skills
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice