- Remote US, Remote Canada, Toronto Office, Remote Germany, Remote France, Remote UK
Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
- The Engineering Manager leads the Firefox Add-ons teams, which encompasses our publishing and review platform, Firefox Add-on APIs, and all related policies and standards.
- We’re looking for a leader that is passionate about building awesome teams, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems, shipping quality software and wanting to make an impact with how the world uses the Internet.
- Support your teams in innovating on Add-ons and helping to create more related opportunities and solutions for Firefox Add-ons users.
What You'll Get To Do
- Create an inclusive environment which engages and challenges your team members, and exposes them to new opportunities.
- Communicate your team’s goals, the scope and risks of your projects, and own the delivery of initiatives on clear timelines.
- Support and drive policy, communications, and security related to Add-ons.
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
- Mentor and provide regular feedback to employees regarding system architecture, solution design, code quality, test development, career development, employee performance, community building, communication style, and work-life balance.
- Work collaboratively with many teams including Legal, Business Development, Product, UX, QA, Operations, and Data Analysis.
- Directly manage a small group of managers, leading efforts across Add-ons Engineering and Operations.
What You Bring
- Experience successfully leading and shipping sophisticated software projects on time in a loosely structured environment.
- Software engineering or technical product management background that enables you to drive technical decisions within the team and engage with engineers at all levels of seniority.
- Proven team leadership skills leading and mentoring a team of diverse engineers.
- Experience leading multiple teams and/or driving multiple large scale concurrent projects.
- Desire to grow and learn as a manager, grow and develop others, and get results through others rather than personal technical proficiency.
- Strong communication and ability to develop positive relationships with others, regardless of their rank or role.
- Passion to resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and facilitate collaborative decision-making.
- Able to hire, coach, empower, develop, and delegate to geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
Bonus points for
We value a variety of voices. You don’t need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Previous experience working with browser extension APIs.
- Product management experience.
- Experience directly managing other managers.
- Experience working in open source environments.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate.Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice