- Core Product-Pocket
- Remote US, Remote Canada
We're looking for a passionate and capable individual to envision and realize the future of Pocket’s Web experience for Mozilla. Working in a close and participative manner with product and engineering teams, you will advocate and craft the vision for products, services, and systems that put the needs, desires, and aspirations of people at the center. Beyond crafting outstanding human-centered experiences, you will work to:
- Oversee and execute all aspects of design process: concepting, research, prototype creation and testing, and final production-level design.
- Drive insight generation and ideation sessions, and lead alignment efforts across teams.
- Refine value propositions and product strategy, and identify new opportunity spaces for growth and exploration.
If your passion is helping people, problem-solving, working in an environment that allows you to stretch your human-centered design skills, while supporting a mission that is driven to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open and accessible, then this is the right position for you! Additionally, this job is for you if you consider yourself a creative worker, a forward-thinking and open problem solver, and passionate about working toward just and equitable solutions for diverse communities.
While we have team members in different parts of the world, our team is dominantly distributed across North America.Day to day you will...
- Lead design work that leads to (incremental and novel) experiences for users on getpocket.com - the biggest source of new users for Pocket and its single biggest channel.
- Foster innovation and collaboration across different parts of the Pocket product that emphasizes user value and drives new opportunities for Pocket and the broader Mozilla product suite.
- Take ideas from “fat marker” sketches to wireframes to interactive prototypes to final designs
- Regularly review our performance against goals and ideate/validate ways to exceed them
- Act as a key interface between product management and engineering teams and coordinate activities with partners in marketing, revenue, and editorial throughout the product life cycle
- Use insights and recommendations from user research to find opportunities that focus on existing and new opportunity spaces
- Make data-grounded go/no-go recommendations alongside risk analysis, prioritizations and contingency plans
- Advocate for people-centric approaches and products
Your professional profile...
- 5-7 years of professional product design experience
- You have worked on the design and implementation of consumer products
- Proven experience in improving products based on data and research
- Demonstrates a creative edge and a portfolio with examples of your work
- Experience with co-developing and implementing product strategy
- Experience conducting qualitative user research
- Design systems experience/ability to follow and iterate on design systems
- Generate creative design ideas within a collaborative environment
- Fluent in programs like Figma and other design tools
- Self-starter who thrives on responsibility and accountability
- Flexible, efficient, and comfortable with ambiguity and able to move quickly from planning to execution
- Passionate about ethical and people-centered design
Extras (not required yet great plus)
- Experience in the content consumption and curation space (media, etc)
- Familiarity with the Reforge Growth and Engagement curriculum
- Familiarity and experience with Jobs To Be Done methodology and approach
- Leading and facilitating ideation, generation, and strategy workshops
What’s the team like?
As a business unit of Mozilla, we have the nimbleness of a small team with the resources of a large company. Each teammate is empowered to make a big impact, but our working hours are flexible. We know you have a life outside the office, and we value that and the perspective it brings—you’re human, we’re human, and everyone at Pocket is treated with utmost respect.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice