- Remote Canada, Toronto Office
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
We’re looking for an effective program manager, passionate about getting complex programs started and running successfully. You will manage programs for the Community Programs team that bridge between our community work and our marketing teams.
This role is for you if you stand out as …
- A hands-on problem solver that can execute in complex environments influencing various partners to get projects done.
- Having a proven background in community development or have demonstrable experience in digital products or tech organizations.
- Strong aptitude for collaboration and building relationships internally and externally.
- Self starter that can take the initiative and learn quickly.
As Staff Program Manager you will be responsible for…
- Working on user journeys that both keep our communities active and thriving and welcome in new people to contribute to building a better internet.
- Leveraging marketing content and product news to create outreach opportunities with external partners.
- Establishing metrics for success and being accountable for your programs in a fast paced environment
- Executing on the programs goals, proactively solving problems and influencing different internal and external partners.
- Effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams and establishing relationships to internal teams.
- Effectively communicating about the programs internally and externally.
- Building relationships with existing communities, and businesses engaged with and/or using Mozilla technology.
The Skills and Background you Bring…
- Minimum 5 years of program or product management experience, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in tech with an understanding of product life cycles.
- Ability to influence others in order to execute.
- Excellent writing & communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Background in community development, building or management.
- Background in open innovation.
- Speak more than one language.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice