- Business Development
- Remote US
Founded in 2005, Mozilla’s mission is to keep the internet open and accessible to all. Mozilla Corporation, a subsidiary of Mozilla Foundation, makes browsers, apps, code and tools. The Firefox web browser is Mozilla’s flagship product, and provides increased choice, privacy and security to hundreds of millions of people around the world. The open source community is a big part of Mozilla and Firefox, with volunteers engaging in a range of activities - from contributing code, to translating its software, organizing advocacy campaigns and writing the world’s most referenced web developer site. Mozilla is seeking growth-minded colleagues to help us expand during a time of transformation.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
The Business Development team leads growth, partnerships and strategic initiatives, while also managing some of the day-to-day operations of Mozilla’s most valuable partners. We are seeking an operations manager who is excited about establishing internal and external processes, strengthening relationships and identifying solutions that scale. This position requires heavy cross functional collaboration, high creativity, and comfort with ambiguity.
What You'll Get To Do
- Design & Build operations infrastructure to support and service Mozilla’s core browser partnerships
- Contribute to continuous improvement of partnership programs
- Define operational excellence; deploy a repeatable yet flexible processes, resulting in high value integrations
- Own the partner lifecycle from onboarding, enablement, and payment
- Identify and track key health and success metrics from integrations
- Work closely with product management, engineering, finance, legal and data science teams to drive partner programs
- Develop a deep understanding of partner needs and relevant industry trends
- You have 5-7 years of experience in establishing and running operational initiatives
- Ideally you have experience in setting-up partner operations for a new product launch, new partner category or building a new division for a product line
- Proven track record of identifying the operational infrastructure needed, then integration, onboard and implementation new systems or processes
- Highly organized, self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to work effectively in complex, and collaborative environments. You are proud of your cross-functional successes and can cite several examples
- You can easily pivot between tactical tasks and long-term planning and thinking
- You are comfortable with creating and analyzing large data sets, working in xls or similar, crafting executive summaries and drafting business cases or rationales
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice