- Business Development
- Remote US
Every day, hundreds of millions of people rely on Mozilla and our flagship browser, Firefox, to explore and develop for the Internet. Mozilla helps people to safely discover the world online as well as create new experiences on desktops, smartphones, tablets, and in virtual and augmented reality, all while respecting their privacy and agency. This is a time of opportunity and growth at Mozilla that is coinciding with a telling and critical inflection point for the market in general. Are you excited to take on big challenges to make the user experience of the Internet meaningfully better? Are you comfortable challenging assumptions and the status quo to advocate for better products and services?
Mozilla is looking for an outstanding Technical Account Manager to join our Business Development team. The successful candidate is solution-oriented and must be able to understand and communicate advanced engineering concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. This role will help the team grow demand for our popular products and services as well as introduce new ones that we have in the works. You are able to compellingly describe concepts of what "could be" as easily as you can communicate "what is." You are a good listener and quick study, working with various partners to find connections and refine options in pragmatic and efficient ways. You are comfortable working with internal and external partners to vet product partnership opportunities and help turn them into offerings that are loved by a global audience. You are analytical, highly curious, collaborative, and creative. You have experience with building and executing against significant, impactful partnership agreements. You understand how to generate and grow revenue, and you operate with a sense of urgency. You respect and seek to understand how real people interact with products that deliver tangible value.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key team member in determining what Mozilla builds and with whom
- Help qualify, structure, and execute product, technology, content, and distribution partnerships
- Uncover opportunities for next-generation products and technologies and new adjacencies for existing ones
- Drive revenue and projects from conceptualization, business case, validation and feasibility testing to commercial launch
- Work with product and engineering teams to help assess opportunities and onboard new partners
- Support integrations with search, distribution, commerce and brand partners; managing expectations and participating in regular business reviews
- Manage the technical workstream for complex & custom integration projects
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues that occur across our products and external partner systems
- Partner with BD, analytics, data science, data engineering and finance team to generate reports and provide guidance using existing tools and dashboards or writing some custom SQL, as needed
- Light quality assurance
Your Professional Background:
- Multiple years working in consumer or enterprise software, bringing products/services to market. Product introductions that included 3rd party partner offerings a plus
- Excellent technical background in the web/mobile space
- Online monetization experience
- Experience with managing a variety of partner and channel types, including top tier global tech and Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience working with partnership leads, product, and engineering teams - with the ability to break down complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Extensive deal experience in product and platform partnerships. You have closely collaborated with internal and external product teams to lend insights into new product development
- Creative problem solver, able to get around obstacles with finesse
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, especially with engineers, product managers and designers
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of the mobile and Internet ecosystems
- Early adopter of emerging consumer technologies
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of originating and commercializing new concept/business models
- Experience in a product/technical management role is a plus
- Expertise with SQL, web technologies, and API's (you’ve worked with developer APIs to create new offerings)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform in a fluid, fast-paced work environment
- Passion for Mozilla and its mission/values
- 8+ years of of work experience in a technical partner-facing role
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice