- People & Organizational Development
- Remote US
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
- Connect global People data and develop strategies in order to create both company-wide and team-specific analytics and reporting.
- Act as an internal consultant by understanding business needs, scoping data requests, synthesizing insights, and recommending solutions to managers in collaboration with relevant cross-functional teams, such as People Partners, Talent Acquisition and Finance.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and create actionable recommendations.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders while balancing impact on business needs.
- Deliver analytical results to technical and non-technical audiences and partner with them to identify the right actions.
- Leverage tools, such as SQL, Looker, Tableau and Excel to build and drive analytics and to enable client self-service on routine queries, as well as to design/run/deliver ongoing reporting and dashboards.
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years (or Master’s degree with 5+ years) of consulting or corporate work experience focused on using data to uncover insights that drive action and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong expertise in documenting requirements and processes.
- Expertise gathering, interpreting, and visualizing data.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis (e.g., descriptive statistics, knowledge of statistical significance, and forecasting.)
- Project management experience with multiple stakeholders prioritizing and delegating projects/tasks.
- Experience in SQL and/or Python and understanding of databases and data structures.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker) and Excel (complex formulas, pivots, macros, VBA etc.).
- Experience building dashboards using advanced Looker functionality (e.g. data blending) or equivalent tool.
- Ability to work across various levels of an organization, while building trust and fostering collaboration.
- Experience working with HR/organizational people data (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, and other people analytics), including predictive modeling.
- Experience in HR analytics or business intelligence using HR systems and tools such as Workday, Looker, Greenhouse, and Culture Amp.
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under pressure.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice