- Data Organization
- Remote US, Remote Canada
Now more than ever, the Internet is a utility that facilitates modern life. At Mozilla, we take this to heart, striving to build products that keep the Internet open, accessible, and secure for everyone. Mozilla helps people to safely discover the world online as well as create new experiences on desktops, smartphones, tablets, in-home devices and even in virtual and augmented reality, all while respecting their privacy and agency. We need your help to enable the future of Mozilla in a way that makes us proud!
Mozilla is looking for an experienced Staff Business Intelligence Analyst who will work as part of the Revenue Operations, Analytics, and Reporting (ROAR) cross-functional team. This team sits at the intersection of data, finance, business, operations, product, engineering, and leadership and provides the connective tissue between these organizations, empowering a proactive approach to our revenue health. You will report to the Senior Manager, Data Science, Revenue & Machine Learning, who oversees a team of data scientists focused on the business health of Mozilla’s products.
The successful candidate is independent, analytical, and intellectually curious and can source information, work collaboratively, structure analyses, and articulate insights to a range of business partners, including leadership across the organization.
As a member of ROAR you will:
- work cross-functionally with stakeholders responsible for the financial health of the company, understanding their business needs, translating these needs into tractable bodies of work, and collaborating with the relevant parties to execute.
- generate relevant data-informed insights and recommendations, communicate findings to a wide range of functional partners, and generally support decision making through ad hoc, high cadence analysis as well as end-to-end reporting.
- develop expertise and intuition in data retrieval, processing, and interpretation, identifying important metrics and how to measure performance by incorporating subject matter expertise from the business development, revenue, and finance space.
- bring an understanding of the capabilities of our products, our business models, our partners, the dynamics of our industry, the needs of our customers, and the end users to your work.
- contribute to the team through mentorship around analytical tools and domain knowledge, advance our proficiency in understanding and using data appropriately, and improvements in how we work.
Your Professional Profile
- Lead with empathy. Value teamwork and teammates. You are invested in knowledge sharing and learning from others. You contribute positively and meaningfully to cultivate an inclusive and equitable team culture.
- Experience developing strong partnerships across a multi-layered and matrixed organization. You communicate with your audience in mind. You distill complex quantitative concepts in an intuitive way to make your insights clear and concise. You bring business knowledge and are a thought partner to the stakeholder space, empowering your colleagues through developing narratives and analytical documents.
- Enjoy working on a panoply of problem types and thrive in unstructured work environments. Able to turn ambiguous, ill-defined problems into well-structured data solutions. You desire to learn technical tools, business processes, and adapt to the changing needs of a fast-growing business.
- A problem solver, with a propensity for thinking through projects in a structured, process-focused way. You have strong project management capabilities and can drive multiple workstreams of varying complexity, considering the big picture and fine details.
- Skilled in pulling and manipulating data in SQL or SQL-like environments and can write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data. You're familiar with data visualization/BI tooling (e.g., Looker). Experience with scripting languages such as R or Python is a plus.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills. You develop requirements and formulate business metrics for reporting and are capable of breaking down highly complex problems with large amounts of data.
- 4+ years of industry experience in a BI or comparable data practitioner role, with a focus in the business or revenue space. Experience working in consumer technology, mobile and/or emerging technology sector is preferred.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice