- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote Germany
Add-ons (or “browser extensions”) are software programs, most often developed by a third party, that allow you to add features to Firefox to customize your browsing experience. With billions of downloads and millions of users every day, add-ons are a significant part of the Firefox experience.
The Firefox Add-ons team manages the add-ons ecosystem. We drive support for add-ons in Firefox and develop and run addons.mozilla.org. On the operations side, we assist add-on developers in creating outstanding products and make sure they are safe to use.
Mozilla is looking for a software engineering student worker to join the Firefox Add-ons team for a twelve-month term, to support our team in improving the addons.mozilla.org platform for users, developers and add-on reviewers.
What You'll Get To Do
- Join a distributed team to work on a large codebase.
- Analyze and fix issues reported by users and add-on developers.
- Improve the add-ons ecosystem experience for developers.
- Work with software engineers and security experts to help keep add-ons safe for Firefox users.
What You Bring
- You can break complex problems down into actionable steps without losing the big picture.
- You have an interest in and ability to work with a distributed team, which requires good asynchronous written communication skills as well as good verbal communication skills.
- You are motivated and eager to learn a lot.
- Browser extension experience
- Security background
- UX experience
Does this sound like the right twelve-month challenge for you? We'd love to hear from you and make you a part of our team.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice