- Remote Germany
Please note, this is a 12-month fixed-term contract position.
MDN Web Docs is the premier technical reference for web developers, with over 17 million global users and 1,000 volunteer content contributors per month working to help make a better web. Web developers love MDN, and we are looking for an experienced community manager with a background in open source software, who can help us promote community engagement and support our users and contributors.
Our team is highly distributed; working from home full-time is acceptable.
- Interacting actively and positively with a volunteer community of writers, developers and translators, providing direction or mentoring where appropriate
- Defining and enforcing clear community guidelines. Keeping those guidelines up to date and updating the community with any additions or changes
- Engaging with and supporting MDN contributions
- Helping to triage and prioritize issues and community requests
- Supporting our users in our 'Learn' forum
- Helping to solicit technical and editorial reviews
- Proven experience managing an open source community
- Experience using GitHub and knowledge of pull requests
- Proven ability with blogging software (such as Wordpress)
- Able to communicate clearly in English, but English doesn’t need to be your first language
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team of employees and volunteers
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice