- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US
The Firefox Product Team produces Mozilla's flagship product. Through Firefox and a growing set of related services, we're reinventing how millions of people experience the web. Critical to advancing how the internet is experienced is the hardware ecosystem that drives the capabilities.
Help us grow and expand our industry-leading independent web browser and ecosystem. As a member of the Firefox Product Planning team, you will contribute thought leadership on the PC and mobile phone hardware ecosystem by running research, industry surveys, and technical deep dives into hardware trends and what they unlock. Investigate new opportunities and solicit ideas through participatory processes to shift the state of the internet from status quo to pro-user.
We are looking for a motivated, positive Product Planner to define the product planning knowledge around PC and OEM ecosystems and the innovations they will unlock. The ideal candidate thinks in BOM costs, can speak to innovations happening at the circuit-board level and the likely ecosystem moves it will unlock.
If you are passionate about new market expansion and being part of the ground floor in redefining a product line loved by millions—join us!
In this role, you gain...
An opportunity to advance the field of strategy through creation and innovation in valuation and business modeling.
Flexibility to join our remote-friendly team.
Funding to define and manage a business research budget to help advance our understanding of our hardware and OEM ecosystem.
We don't think about customer value the way our industry peers do—and as a Product Planner, you will help us model our strategic bets that account for our long-term view.
A successful product planner will identify and nurture emerging strategic bets partnering with Product and Engineering leadership while monitoring our blind spots and becoming a subject matter authority on new technologies, consumer needs, and services to author perspectives on a changing industry landscape. This role contributes to our annual product planning rhythm in ensuring we have active research programs to inform our core priorities.
For training and conferences, there may be up to 20% travel, to be worked out through priorities you co-define.
- Demonstrated product management or planning experience in technology industry including corporate strategy, venture capital experience, or product leadership roles.
- 5+ years experience in PC, OEM ecosystems, and planning.
- 2+ years of Product Planning/Strategy experience.
- BS in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related experience.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA).
- Experience with startup business modeling development and planning.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice