- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US
Today, shopping remains one of the core activities of the web. Despite its importance and the obvious friction introduced by the browse from finding and refunding products to searching and finding reviews—the core online shopping experience has remained unchanged.
As a result an ecosystem of add ons with less than desirable track record for user data has stepped in to fill the gaps. We’re out to explore ways to change this. Firefox is defining and delivering a collection of shopping services and experiences that connect users with products they love in a contextual and privacy-preserving way.
We are looking for a highly motivated, collaborative Sr. Staff Product Manager Shopping Experiences to help build compelling, ethical shopping services that deliver user value and meet retailer needs. This role will influence customer facing experiences but will be primarily responsible for defining core functionality of API’s, capabilities including affiliate services to support our shopping ecosystem vision.
The ideal candidate is a proven technical product manager with experience managing shopping affiliate services. In addition candidates will have exceptional communication, project management skills, entrepreneurial drive, all while taking pride in contributing to a broader mission and product vision.
About Firefox Product Management
We are building a culture of adaptable product leaders, who believe that product management is an apprentice craft and fostered through open dialogue and feedback.
We believe in the value of qualitative data to develop rich insights and continuous measurement through experimentation, data analysis, hypothesis and tracking metrics.
We partner richly and align teams on a shared perspective about the product we are intended to ship.
We believe in delivering a cohesive product experience to our customers.
We believe in shipping products that have care built in.
We believe in a culture of coaching and reflective thinking about our goals and the day to day activities we do to move the needle.
We believe in striving for a high velocity operating cadence.
Join Firefox and help us build a product team to shepherd the next generation of ecommerce experience innovation.
Note: In this role, you will do more than mindlessly improve a metric-—you will play an active role in bringing to life the next wave of internet experiences.
You've got this if you are ...
- Inspired by what's possible.
- Passionate about crafting compelling and emotive customer experiences.
- A curious and self-directed learner, team oriented.
- Knowledgeable in defining, tracking, and interpreting API and business performance metrics.
- Detail oriented with a technical depth that lets you partner with premier engineers.
- Ever learning with a strong grasp of shopping ecosystem with previous experience working in affiliate products.
- A believer that revenue is not the goal but an outcome of a compelling product with a sustainable business model.
- Capable of prioritizing user privacy over retailer goals every time.
- Highly skilled at explaining retailer and shopping ecosystem requirements.
- Create and pilot exciting new shopping capabilities that will power Firefox and future product experiences.
- Contribute to a great product team. Lead by example model behaviors on business modeling, shopping ecosystem, and the foundations of good product management.
- Collaborate with engineers, user experience, and other team members to define and articulate shopping product experiences and services.
- Evangelize and tell the story of our shopping experiences internally and with partners and agencies.
- Stay ahead of consumer and shopping ecommerce trends to translate into advancements in Firefox.
- Balance technical, customer, and business insight.
- Contribute to healthy product team relationships.
- Bring your full and authentic self!
- 6 or more years of direct product management experience including two years with high scale product experiences (100M+ users).
- Experience with shopping service products particular products with affiliate marketing and or cash back services.
- Skill and experience participating in new product launches and product discovery.
- While you enjoy collaborating, you are able to function autonomously without straying from the product strategy and product framework.
- Proficient with SQL and rich data analytics.
- You can reason through problems from multiple perspectives.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate sophisticated ideas in written and verbal communication understood by specialists and non-specialists alike.
- Experiencing launching affiliate revenue shopping products.
- Track record of shopping strategy definition and execution.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice