- Remote US, Remote Portland Area
Mozilla’s Security Engineering Operations Team is looking for an experienced Security Engineer to increase the security of our systems and applications. A successful candidate will have experience securing applications and resources in GCP and AWS, understand data security methodologies, have a solid working knowledge of endpoint protection and vulnerability management at scale, and be able to lead technical projects in a distributed DevOps environment.
You will be hardening and guiding recommendations for Mozilla’s systems and networks, infrastructure, application security services, and company assets, while ensuring the mission of privacy and security is upheld at all times. This is a hands-on role, however you will work with many teams to guide proper security practices throughout the company as well.
As a Staff Security Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Protect the services Firefox and other products depend on from attacks and abuses.
- Design, build and deploy security frameworks such as cloud security, fraud detection, intrusion detection, vulnerability and patch management, system call auditing, etc.
- Design, review and improve the security controls of the organization.
- Act as domain expert in drafting of security policies and procedures.
- Write, maintain, and expand automation scripts and monitoring tools.
- Work with developers and operations across the organization to keep the Firefox backend infrastructure safe.
Your Professional Profile
This role will involve some development work as we build and improve our security tools and automation. You should have a passion for beautiful code in Python, Ruby, or Go. You should also feel comfortable running infrastructure for the code you write. Additional skills include:
- Strong infrastructure security knowledge, from high level architectural concepts down to the implementation.
- Experience securing enterprise-scale deployments in major cloud stacks (AWS, GCP, or Azure), including automating controls and use of API functions.
- You’ve had a significant role in the operation of endpoint security or vulnerability management systems.
- Your work includes log aggregation and log analysis techniques, and you're familiar with the concepts of SIEM technology.
- A B.S. in Computer Science would be lovely, but real-world experience is preferred.
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice