Engineering Program/Project ManagerApply for this job
- Project/Program Management
- Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver
Do you enjoy planning and executing large and complex software projects? Do you have a knack for driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities? Can you move seamlessly between discussions with senior level executives and front line engineers? We are looking for a talented Program Manager who understands how to ship feature-rich software of high quality on a schedule.
As a Firefox Engineering Program Manager at Mozilla, you will need to:
- Be self motivated, capable of organizing your time well, and work efficiently without close supervision.
- Adapt and evolve to the needs of different teams through the project or program lifecycle.
- Drive cross functional initiatives that span development teams and in some cases product lines.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Communicate and track program risks and flag problems before they happen.
- Drive ongoing process improvements to improve execution and efficiency of the teams within their domain area by pulling from standard methodologies or by inventing something new.
- Act as a conduit of information between engineering and other internal groups (both technical and nontechnical) to ensure that decisions and status are understood.
- Identify projects or programs that are stuck and drive them forward.
- Negotiate and build consensus among project teams.
Job Skill Requirements:
- 3+ years working on a Program or Project Management role.
- Experience shipping software on schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Web standards (HTML, CSS, JS) and the technology that drives the Web.
- Ability to build consensus and drive decision making when there are conflicting opinions and no clear answer.
- Ability to take loosely defined requirements or projects and distill them into actionable items.
- Sharp analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
- Proficiency working with people ranging from VPs to junior engineers.
- Experience with a variety of software development methodologies, including Agile.
Other Useful Skills/Experience:
- CS or Engineering background.
- Experience building consumer desktop and mobile products.
- Familiarity with systems such as Bugzilla, GitHub, and Mercurial or similar.
- Familiarity using an OKR framework to track progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.