Editorial DirectorApply for this job
Mozilla is in a category of one: a global technology nonprofit super-powered by a worldwide group of volunteers, with a mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open and accessible to all. We drive impact by through our products, technology and people by advocating for individuals’ online lives and on their behalf for the health of the Internet.
We are looking for an Editorial Director to lead a team of journalists and storytellers. You will be tasked with building stories and narratives about Mozilla and its technologies across a broad range of fields including software, the Open Web, virtual reality, connected devices using text, video, audio, photos and visualizations. You will also help Mozilla advance its issues agenda through compelling storytelling. You will work closely with our marketing team to mastermind and create campaigns to raise awareness and garner press coverage. Most importantly, you will shape How Mozilla tells its story in Germany, one of the most important markets for Mozilla.
As the Editorial Director, you will help us build out our internal news team and set up our editorial processes, working closely with other teams in the marketing organization. In this role, you will work closely with Mozilla’s communications team, product marketing team, engineering team, execs and external partners to craft compelling outbound messaging and successful communications strategies.
As Editorial Director at Mozilla, you will:
- Create great stories to highlight Mozilla technology and Mozilla’s other work (legal, security, products)
- Create and manage detailed editorial calendars
- Manage global teams working across timezones and regional markets
- Write articles and direct story packages, identifying the proper assets (video, charts, etc) required to make these articles more relevant and resonant.
Your Professional Experience and Job Requirements:
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Experience in journalism, ideally writing about technology topics
- Experience concepting, planning and executing multi-media packages that use the Web to tell stories in immersive ways
- Experience with open communities, open source software, and crisis communications a plus.
- Fluency in German and English (spoken, written)
- Willingness to travel (approximately 20% of time)
- Experience working with data and data visualizations a big plus
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.