Webcasting and Video Conferencing EngineerApply for this job
- Mountain View
Mozilla is an environment where you will use Video Conferencing more often than the Telephone in order to drive our vision; where highly interactive internal and external events occur hourly to communicate our mission. The environment of Mozilla is both dynamic and technically sophisticated. Your rare competencies and engaging personality will make you a critical member of our function. Your technical understanding will be critical for the encoding and delivery of media content for our proprietary webcasting service as well as working with our global video conferencing infrastructure. You will have a strong background in enterprise-level video encoding, particularly in RTMP and HLS is needed. You will need exposure in a globally diverse environment possessing flexible and adaptable collaboration skills so you can effectively handle multiple tasks in a dynamic, high-pressure, rapidly changing environment.
Some key focus areas for you in this role will be to (1) Define and propose a next generation webcasting service that meets customer needs; (2) Prepare and run RFP process for Webcasting services; (3) Implement “Self Service” Webcasting Services for customer and community use; and (4) Develop, and expand the Video Conferencing Services to provide end users latest capabilities along with premier user experience.
- You will lead business relationships in support of web encoding and trans-coding providers
- You will be our key engineer for resolving any and all encoding and publishing platform problems
- You are ultimately accountable for all video and audio web encoding appliances using HLS, RTMP, and various mobile formats
- You are to apply scheduled system patches, and actively provide post go-live support
- Taking ownership for more complex end-user issues from Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams.
- Engaging with Vendors to resolve applicable issues
- Growing the knowledge of primary operational staff relating relating to protocols & procedures
- Deep understanding of collaboration protocols such as, TCP, UDP, SIP, SCCP, QoS, H.323, G.711, H.264 and SVC
- Enterprise video encoding expertise
- Understanding of enterprise video conferencing infrastructures such as Vidyo, Cisco or Zoom
- Knowledge of video codecs and compression, specifically H.264
- Knowledge of IP protocols (RTMP, RTSP, http, https) and the architecture of their delivery
- Understanding of HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Experience with Crestron product lines
- Detailed understanding of media formats on mobile devices
- Exposure to iOS, OSX, Windows, and Linux
- Familiarity with video delivery over the leading content distribution networks such as Akamai, Level3, Facebook Live, YouTube etc.
- In depth host/configuration management skills
- Experience working in mid-size data centers
- Experience with event support and operation Participation in a 24x7 operational support and maintenance rotation
- Consult with key business users to resolve complex business requirements and potential collaboration solutions
- Analytically identify potential production issues; recommend and implement solutions
- Experience in a user-focused technical-support environment
- Experience with Wowsa/Wowsa Cloud, Encoding.com, VBrick
- Experience with Photoshop, Premier Pro, and/or Final Cut Pro
- Understanding of the professional/broadcast media world
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.