Lead Services DesignerApply for this job
- Mountain View, San Francisco
Part interaction designer and part group facilitator, this position makes internal services at Mozilla better serve the needs of Mozillians. You’ll work as a part of a multidisciplinary team to improve the quality of the service offered by internal providers to their customers. The tools of your craft include, among others: user-centered design, interaction design and process design.
You’ll work across various internal capabilities including HR, Finance, Legal, Facilities and IT. You’ll be the Practice Owner for Service Design and a continuous improvement champion. Right away, you’ll be able to have a huge impact on services that support all Mozillians including brand new HR help desk services, better Workplace Resources and IT business management services.
Does this sound like you?
You love working with people to envision and design solutions that do not yet exist. You understand that design isn’t finished until somebody is using it and you live for observing those moments of truth when they do. You’re a student of human behavior and interpret people’s needs into possible service features. You consider yourself an understudy of Erlhoff, Shostack and Morelli. You love equipping people to think in a service design type of way.
As a Lead Service Designer at Mozilla, you will…
- Create an understanding of activities, infrastructure, communication and people components that impact Mozilla business services
- Lead Service Owners, users and project community members through the design of great services
- Create service blueprints and other design artifacts for services that delight users
- Find opportunities to improve existing services or to create a new service
- Use and champion general principles of service design at Mozilla
- Work closely with the Content Management Lead and other teammates around information design
- Collaborate closely with the Solution Architect and others around technology design
Your Professional Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in design, information science, information technology or related field
- At least 3-5 years of similar professional experience in service, interaction or UX design
- Strong empathy, creativity, imaginativeness and innovation skills
- Understanding of group facilitation techniques
- Experience with design tools like user journey maps, service blueprints, ecosystem maps, use cases and software like Acrobat, Omnigraffle and others
Mozilla is a global and highly-diverse organization chock full of incredibly talented people whom you will no doubt learn from. Your role will have purpose as our objective at Mozilla is to keep the Internet alive and accessible. Our goals are challenging, yet our work environment is casual and highly flexible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.