IT Support SpecialistApply for this job
Mozilla is seeking a full time contract support technician to be based in our Berlin office. Our business-savvy IT organization, needs an enthusiastic advocate for enabling our users to always be productive and driving the Mozilla mission. You will surprise and delight our internal users by ensuring the best technology is available to them both individually and collectively. Mozilla is looking for you to contribute to a close-knit virtual service desk, supporting neighboring offices and sharing a dynamic workload, while offering unique abilities to our team. You will maintain a positive attitude and the aim to thrive in a dynamic, high-pressure environment.
This position is the main point of contact for Mozillians based in the office. Requests for help and directions for initiatives will come to you via email, chat, phone or face-to-face so you will have the skills to communicate through all these mediums. You are expected to retain ownership of incidents and problems, and provides continuous feedback to customers and IT partners, until resolution. You will collaborate with the End-User Services team, Network Operations, Audio-visual Operations and the Workplace Resources team internally and also coordinate with external vendors including the designated AV and telecom companies. Your responsibilities will include the configuration and initial setup of Mac, Windows, and Linux laptops and desktops, as well as desk phones, tablets, printers while answering a variety of How-to questions, resolving technical glitches and ensuring the high availability of critical conference room equipment.
- Solve problems and resolve complex individual support issues in a global environment and provide appropriate follow-up and communications through to closure.
- Solve or understand any network connection issues, Conference room AV concerns and any other site-impacting events before raising to the dedicated teams.
- Setup and support mobile devices including Android and Apple brands.
- Endpoint management of Apple/Windows/Redhat/Ubuntu/Linux ecosystems
- Administer user accounts and VoIP phones
- Configure, upgrade, and relocate ecosystem software and print devices
- Support employees over the phone or at their desk when they require immediate attention
- Perform software and hardware configuration across several platforms
- Document all incidents and requests with detail and accuracy to better see opportunities for improvement.
- Document repetitive issues in our knowledge Management system to help build a rich IT knowledge base in order to enable self help.
Your Professional Profile
- Minimum of 2 years experience supporting Windows and/or Macs in an enterprise environment including hardware installation and configuration
- Possess domain expertise in multiple areas of end-user computing technologies such as cloud storage, device management and commonly used applications.
- Works proficiently with minimal daily guidance and brings mature, seasoned skills when working with production systems
- Experience in deploying and supporting cell phones, phone systems, video conference equipment and various wireless devices
- Expertise in supporting various local and network based printing technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German. The ability to also speak French is preferred.
- Good communication, analytical, and leadership skills necessary for independent project work
- Innate understanding of urgency and the raising of client-impacting issues quickly when appropriate
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc)
- Handle the resolution of network hardware, desktop and laptop hardware, software applications, telephones, and Audio/Video systems via Tier 2 and 3 teams.
- Working knowledge of video (preferably Vidyo) and audio conferencing (preferably Clearone) systems/standards (H.264, H.323, SIP, Dante) and meeting room control systems (preferably Crestron)
- Review event requests and recommend solutions based on meeting requirements. Coordinate recordings and content delivery for distribution (AirMo)
- Schedule pre-testing sessions to prevent time-impacting issues, document results, and ensure contingency plans are in place prior to event
- Set up testing, operation, and tear down of conferencing equipment if required for events. Ensure any equipment is stored appropriately
- Maintain conference room integrity through appropriate equipment/cable management. Call out housekeeping issues to appropriate parties. Ensure compliance with safety standards
- Provide assistance in the setup and operation of conferencing events in various locations including Mozilla Spaces or off site events as needed
- Build necessary AV cables to support on site needs
- Experience with event support and operation
- Participation in a 24x7 operational support and maintenance rotation as needed.
- Consult with key business users to resolve complex business requirements and potential collaboration solutions
- Analytically identify potential production issues; recommend and implement solutions
- Experience with Wowsa/Wowsa Cloud, Encoding.com, VBrick
- Experience with Photoshop, Premier Pro, and/or Final Cut Pro
- Certifications from VC or streaming service providers.
- Understanding of the professional/broadcast media world
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.