IT Cloud Engineering ManagerApply for this job
- Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco
The Mozilla IT team is looking for a hands-on engineering leader who is passionate about helping us be efficient, secure, and scalable as we continue our cloud journey. In this role you will be primarily responsible for working with your focused team on developing tooling and automation for AWS-based workloads with a secondary focus on building cloud solutions for particular applications. You will partner with architecture, service owners, and service delivery on ensuring successful deployment in the cloud.
Your initial set of engagements and outcomes will be centered around the migration of dozens of properties from our traditional datacenter into AWS, inclusive of the development of new, elastic configuration management practices, development of a library of extensible deployment patterns based on real world examples, and establishing automation around security control auditing in AWS. Furthermore, you will bring a product owner's mindset to our cloud offering, understanding customer stories and translating these stories into a vision and plan of action.At Mozilla you will…
- Help drive Mozilla IT’s AWS roadmap and product evolution by successfully partnering across the organization to understand the ever changing business use cases.
- Bring broad knowledge of AWS and its many services. You will describe the right use of these services and help others understand their value
- Lead, mentor and develop internal team members. You will have had supervisory responsibilities previously and worked with engineering and operations teams
- Have a deep understanding of how to apply security standards and controls to applications in AWS. You've been successful in partnering with security teams in the past
- Drive streamlined deployment of applications to the cloud, including configuration management and application lifecycle management. Automating deployments and configuration management is second nature to you
- Bring continuous integration/deployment techniques through code to the organization. You have built and delivered software using systems such as Jenkins or CodePipeline
- Teach and enable teams to be successful in AWS using your DevOps mindset. You will also bring continuous improvement to the team, with an emphasis on agility
- Partner across the enterprise on the delivery of automation that enables teams to take advantage of all of the benefits of the cloud and reduces manual efforts
- Three or more years of experience with AWS
- Two years in a managerial or supervisory role
- A strong technical leader who isn’t afraid of rolling up your sleeves and love to dive in to help engineer fantastic products
- Proven success in growing a Cloud first mind-set and approach to leveraging such technology by clearly articulating value proposition
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code tooling such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Developed software and automation solutions in a professional setting
- A background in developing on Linux
- Experience writing applications in Go a plus
- Strong proficiency in one or more scripting languages, preferably Python
- A demonstrated ability to work with teams on collecting requirements and turning them into solutions
- Have worked in an Agile fashion, using Scrum, Kanban, or similar
- Familiarity with data management, data analytics, and data tooling
- Experience with configuration management tooling, such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Knowledge of monitoring and logging solutions, including Prometheus, CloudWatch, and CloudWatch Logs
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.