Video Conferencing and Integration EngineerApply for this job
- Mountain View
Title: Video Conferencing and Integration Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
We’re looking for a video conferencing authority with top skills and a passion for using technology to connect and empower people worldwide. This position works with the Manager of Audio Visual Operations, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the highly available VC and AV environment that lets employees communicate and collaborate easily and intuitively across functional and geographic boundaries.
- You will need to have a keen sense for industry trends and emerging technologies that improve employee productivity and satisfaction, as well as the ability to work across boundaries to deliver results.
- You’ll need a working knowledge of a broad set of communication technologies including room and desktop video conferencing (Vidyo), audio/visual equipment, streaming technologies, and standard conference room infrastructure.
- The operational side of the job includes systems design/configuration, documentation, software installation and upgrades, technical support/troubleshooting, hardware builds, standards definition, new feature implementation, and system performance measurement and tuning.
- A significant percentage of this job time is spent working with AV vendors, designing meeting and event spaces and working onsite to deliver completed projects globally.
- 8+ years of experience with systems administration, including server builds, applying security standards, and the planning and large-scale deployment of hardware and applications.
- 6+ years of video conferencing infrastructure experience deploying Vidyo hardware and VM Appliances.
- 8+ years designing and deploying integrated conference room systems.
- Experience deploying and supporting video streaming infrastructure (Wowza, VBrick, or similar).
- Deep understanding of collaboration protocols such as TCP, UDP, SIP, SCCP, QoS, H.323, G.711, H.264 and SVC.
- Experience working in globally diverse support environment
- Proficiency with solving AV/ VC problems that flow through Palo Alto firewalls and Cisco networking equipment.
- Experience with Crestron, Extron, ClearOne, Biamp and Christie product lines including monitoring systems like Splunk and Fusion.
- Ability to establish and follow policies and change procedures for infrastructure administration, and follow standard methodologies for enterprise monitoring, problem solving and maintenance.
- Work with key business users to understand the business requirements and potential collaboration solutions within the current architecture.
- Actively identify potential production issue and recommend and implement solutions.
- Act as the point of contact for all lower level support issues and be able to perform support and follow through to resolution for local issues affecting the business.
- Experienced project management skills and ability to be a representative of the AVOps team for local support.
- Assess and perform systems utilization and headroom reports to used in performance tuning and issue resolution.
- Build and maintain detailed systems documentation and post to shares for team information sharing
- Experience in a user-focused technical-support environment
- Ability to perform 7x24 on-call duty with team members
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management
- Ability to think logically and analyze application and business process requirements.
- Ability to travel extensively world wide.
- Leadership qualities and strong procedural and architectural documentation skills
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to handle various tasks in a dynamic, high-pressure, exciting environment
- Motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
CTS, CTS-D, Vidyo VC-DSE, additional AV Vendor certifications are considered a plus.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.