Staff Network EngineerApply for this job
- Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Toronto
We’re hiring an engineer to make key contributions to Mozilla’s strategic vision for the evolution and transformation of our global networks toward next-generation technologies.
This is a key role within Mozilla’s network organization responsible for the planning, design, development, and maintenance of existing/future networks to deliver best-in-class network performance, availability and resource utilization, and state-of-the-art networking technologies.
As a Staff Network Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Support our production network and participate in rotating on-call schedule.
- Coordinate, develop and implement network solutions to meet challenges of technology, security, and market conditions.
- Identify more effective ways to monitor network performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Optimize our infrastructure on Amazon Web Services and serve as network expert/lead of our enterprise network modernization effort.
- Do you have 5+ years of experience in network engineering, network architecture or a related field like infrastructure engineering?
- Are you excited by the prospect of working with the latest in networking technologies? Do you have experience with Cisco, Juniper, and Palo Alto Networks technologies?
- Direct experience with network automation tools and familiar with python or similar language.
- Are you passionate about network performance with a deep understanding of network monitoring tools such as: Nagios, Solarwinds, or Observium.
- You will be working with a team of creative people. Are mentoring and team work just a part of who you are?
- Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical teams to provide solutions.
- Experience running a highly available production environment across multiple data centers.
- Experience working as part of a remote/distributed team.
- Experience with AWS VPC design.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.