User Experience Designer, Firefox Developer ProductsApply for this job
- Berlin, Portland, Remote, Toronto
Mozilla is looking for a User Experience Designer to help build one of the most popular consumer products. As a member of the Firefox User Experience team, you will be working with a product group committed to enabling web experiences for nearly half a billion people worldwide. You should have passion for creating consumer desktop applications which engage and excite people, and determination to ship those products.
Your job will include identifying design opportunities, conceptualizing, generating, and iterating on designs. You will work closely with Engineers, Product Managers and our passionate contributor community, applying your design expertise to create a new generation of Web Development and Design tools to be used by more than 25 million people.
- Crafting wire-frames, user flows, and storyboards that guide the design of our developer products.
- Designing prototypes to test ideas and identify shortcomings.
- Collaborating with visual designers and engineers to ensure a great user experience from design to implementation.
- Providing feedback, design review, and critique.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Problem framing and solving skills.
- Strong portfolio of interaction design, with examples of both process and final product.
- Ability to rapidly generate, visualize and iterate design solutions in a collaborative environment.
- Skill in visual design.
Nice to have's:
- Familiarity with Facebook's React framework would be helpful.
- Open Source design experience a plus.
Please provide portfolio with application.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.