Data & Analytics EngineerApply for this job
- Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco
We are seeking an experienced technologist to join Mozilla’s Data & Analytics Services team in building trusted data management, data tools and data analytics services. If you are the engineer we are looking for, these next statements will resonate with you. You are someone who can own, evaluate and mature our data services as a whole, bringing robust, secure and scalable solutions to Mozilla. You enjoy solving complex problems, making data more accessible and delivering high-quality services.
As a Data Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Design, implement and operate data systems to meet the needs of the organization by synthesizing organizational requirements and identifying the best method of presenting the data for business decisions.
- In partnership with product owners, work with business partners on data anomalies and requests for information.
- Develop, recommend and implement process and procedure changes to systematically improve data integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply patches and versions when required.
- Monitor the quality of data and information, report on results, and identify and recommend system application changes required to improve the quality of data in all applications.
- Manipulate and analyze complex data from varying sources and recommend ways to apply the data.
- Develop new innovations in the use of the data and data mining techniques to effectively extract meaningful information from data sets.
- Investigate data quality problems, conduct root-cause analysis, correct errors, and develops process improvement plans across all programs.
- Integrate data from multiple sources and design, develop, and generate ad hoc and operational reports in support of objectives.
- Present and communicate complex analytical data and results to varying audiences with a keen understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Plan, implement, evaluate and maintain security requirements in partnership with InfoSec.
- Understand and recommend OS settings to provide an optimal environment for data services (Linux SysAdmin experience is necessary)
Your Professional Profile
- Strong foundation in database systems (SQL and/or non-relational)
- Experience with complex ETL processes, Data Modeling, working with Business intelligence applications
- Experience with AWS technologies, such as: Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR
- Expertise in database disaster recovery planning and recovery across multiple data centers, performance tuning and optimization
- Extensive experience with database replication, mirroring and transaction log shipping
- Ability to engage with technical staff and suppliers to design an infrastructure that allows for common, programmatic access patterns to core and ad hoc data pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex database administration problems
- Deep understanding of database performance monitoring and analysis tools
- The ability to communicate effectively within diverse and distributed teams
- Share new ideas openly within a team environment
- Experience with tools and technologies we’re using: Kafka, Spark, Redshift, Airflow (or similar)
- Experience creating puppet modules
- Experience with Hadoop management planning and architecture and maintenance
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.