Senior DevOps EngineerApply for this job
Location: North America (remote or in one of our offices)
Senior DevOps Engineer
About the Team
Mozilla’s Services Operations Team is looking for an ambitious Senior DevOps Engineer. You'll need solid Linux/UNIX skills and experience with standard web application stacks (LAMPy, Node.js, etc). You'll also need to be able to program with a deep understanding of deployment challenges. You'll be expected to provide hands-on technical engineering of our ever-growing server and application environments across multiple global data centers, and AWS. Most importantly, you'll be an integral part of the team handling the infrastructure responsible for delivering Mozilla’s back-end services (such as Add-ons and Sync) to millions of Firefox users.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Maintenance of our core server infrastructure which includes helping to scale our back-end services from tens to hundreds of millions of clients
- Support, tuning, maintenance, and documentation of our operating environment including builds, code deployment, and solving problems
- Write, maintain, and expand automation scripts, metrics and monitoring tooling, and orchestration recipes
- Work with product engineering to ensure code is production ready
- Collaboration with QA, Security, and Engineering for coordinated code releases
Your Professional Profile
- Have solid scripting knowledge (shell, Python, JS).
- Some development background with Python, JS, or Go highly preferred.
- Configuration management and orchestration experience. Puppet experience is a plus.
- Experience working with a cloud infrastructure. AWS experience a plus.
- Monitoring / metrics experience, including plug-in/check script writing and modification.
- B.S. in Computer Science would be lovely, but real-world experience is preferred.
If our team sounds like a good fit for you please send us your resume with a cover letter. Tell us about why you're passionate about Mozilla and this position. If you contribute to any open source software, or maintain a blog, Twitter, or similar online presence we'd love to hear about it.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.