Internet Policy ManagerApply for this job
- Berlin, London, Paris, Remote
Are you passionate about the Open Web? Do you want to help protect the Internet’s tremendous socioeconomic benefits through policy and advocacy? Mozilla works with our users and developers to provide products and services that make the Web more robust, and takes action when it is threatened. We engage in public policy matters when and where Mozilla can make a difference through both advancing and defending the internet.
To help advance Mozilla’s policy efforts, we are seeking a talented Internet Policy Manager / Senior Manager.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with Mozilla Project Leadership to guide the development of the organization’s global internet policy agenda.
- Design, propose, manage, and implement complex policy initiatives that provide actionable insights for policymakers, contributors and individual users with whom we interact.
- Engage policymakers, industry, civil society, and others working on relevant policy issues.
- Track and monitor policy issues that could affect Mozilla and the Project, and make recommendations on positions and potential risks on these issues.
- Communicate key messages to external audiences, including policy makers, NGOs, media, and industry.
- Actively participate and represent, as appropriate, Mozilla in strategic community programs and trade organizations that advance the image and visibility of Mozilla.
Who you are
Most importantly, you should have plenty of experience (think 5 years, 10 for senior) with technology public policy. Ideally, you’ll have an advanced degree in public policy, government, or law; but maybe you’re just a rockstar! You should be comfortable with tech policy issues, as well as legal and regulatory environments. You should have a deep understanding of the internet, its history and what makes it work on a technical level. You should have experience with political processes, including strategy development and implementation to make change happen.
We’re looking for someone with a strong work ethic and stellar interpersonal and communication skills. We want you to be able to talk to and work with a range of individuals at Mozilla and other organizations, and to come up with ideas and execute them with lightweight management and guidance (but ample support!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.