Brand Partnerships Manager (Pocket)Apply for this job
- New York
At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket’s content platform has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention. Nearly 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles and videos to Pocket to-date.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We're hoping you'll be ready to jump in and get into the details, too. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to grow, to help drive new product and go-to-market strategies and to make a tremendous impact daily.
Pocket is now seeking a smart, self-motivated and resourceful individual to join as a Brand Partnerships Manager in New York to help take our thriving integrated media, ad sales and content research sales efforts to a new level. You should have an active network of client/agency relationships and a consistent track record of building and delivering solid marketing solutions in an effective and scalable way. This is a fabulous opportunity and an excellent environment for someone looking to advance their career and be part of an innovative and dynamic organization.What you’ll do:
- Consistently meet and exceed sales goals by developing and presenting an integrated suite of solutions including content research, content development, content distribution/advertising, mobile solutions and events
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, agencies and partners
- Generate new sales leads through consistent prospecting efforts
- Understand client needs and present relevant solutionsheart
- Develop and maintain a strong sales pipeline to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to meet revenue goals
- Track, analyze and communicate performance of advertiser campaigns on Pocket
- Keep up-to-date and detailed records of sales activity through a CRM solution
- Present client feedback to Pocket product and marketing teams and work to develop new sales offerings to meet client needs
- 4 - 6 years of related work experience in sales roles within the digital media industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong rolodex of major agency and Fortune 500 client contacts
- Strategic, consultative sales approach and the ability to understands client needs, create relevant solutions, set proper expectations and close important deals
- Detailed knowledge of online media planning terms and processes
- Deep understanding of native advertising and content marketing
- Understanding of cross platform sales (desktop, mobile, in app, content marketing)
- Demonstrated record of success in a dynamic, goal-oriented sales environment
- Dynamic, flexible, hard-working and highly organized approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter that is well organized with good attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency with CRM systems
- Passion for technology and education
Pocket (Read It Later, Inc) was founded in 2007 by Nate Weiner to help people save interesting articles, videos and more from the web for later enjoyment. Once saved to Pocket, the list of content is visible on any device — phone, tablet or computer. It can be viewed while waiting in line, on the couch, during commutes or travel — even offline.
The world's leading save-for-later service currently has more than 22 million registered users and is integrated into more than 1500 apps including Flipboard, Twitter and Zite. It is available for major devices and platforms including iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac, Kindle Fire, Kobo, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Windows. Learn more on our blog.
To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.