Senior Data EngineerApply for this job
- All Offices, Remote
At Mozilla we want to make Firefox a delightful product for our users. We are collecting and processing terabytes of data a day from hundreds of millions of users to improve Firefox, build data driven features, and foster a data-informed culture. We need your help!
As a Data Engineer at Mozilla, you'll be working with a talented group of engineers, product managers, and data scientists to make the Web a better place and impact the everyday lives of hundreds of millions of users. Our goal is to make Firefox better than ever.As a Senior Data Engineer at Mozilla
- You will work with cross functional teams to make data-informed decisions using data collected from users’ browsers (telemetry) and Mozilla’s services
- You will collaborate with product managers and engineers to design field telemetry for existing and new features, and build data sets for efficient analysis
- You will contribute to Firefox’s data platform by architecting, building, installing, testing, monitoring and maintaining highly scalable data management systems
- You will pay attention to industry trends in data science and engineering, evaluating and learning new technologies
- You will work with product managers, engineers and data scientists to experiment and build features into Firefox driven by data and algorithms (e.g. recommender systems)
- Strong coding fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, etc.
- A strong cloud and distributed systems background
- Basic statistics: for example, T-tests, correlations, and sampling
- Ability to work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Ability to work with other teams across an organization
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with some of the areas listed below, and be interested in learning new things. We’re excited to see:
- A strong foundation in database systems (SQL and/or non-relational)
- A strong background in statistical foundations on experimental or observational data
- Experience with tools and technologies we’re using: Kafka, Spark, Parquet, PrestoDB, Hive, Airflow, Re:dash (or similar)
- Experience with product analytics
- Experience with machine learning
If you have different experiences and skills from the ones listed above but have something else to contribute, please contact us.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in our offices in the U.S., Canada, or Germany, or home-based in the U.S. or Canada. You must have work authorization in one of these countries (we cannot hire anyone on a student visa at this time). We support flexible work hours, paid professional development, and have a wellness program that includes childcare assistance.About Mozilla
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on products that promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.