Sponsorship ManagerApply for this job
- MLN (Mozilla Foundation)
The nonprofit Mozilla Foundation is passionate about the Internet remaining a global public resource that is open and accessible to all. Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto.
The direct work of the Mozilla Foundation focuses on fueling the movement for an open Internet. We do this by connecting open Internet leaders with each other and by mobilizing grassroots activists around the world.
MozFest is the world’s leading event for and by the open Internet movement, and one of Mozilla’s largest annual networking opportunities. A three-day extravaganza of interactive sessions, hands-on activities and engaging talks taking place in Ravensbourne College in Greenwich, London 27-29 Oct. The festival welcomes up to 1800 passionate advocates of the open web from around the world and is one of the flagship pieces of Mozilla’s leadership network.
Mozilla is seeking a contract Sponsorship Manager to assist the MozFest team in meeting its 2017 fundraising goals through the acquisition of cash and in-kind sponsorship from corporate, media, hospitality and other sectors. The sponsorship manager will develop and maintain a sponsorship portfolio, in cooperation with the Mozilla team, as well as all sponsorship relationships.Key Responsibilities:
- Build upon an existing sponsorship portfolio in collaboration with our MozFest and fundraising teams
- Work with event program leads to develop a sponsorship strategy that is event and location-specific
- Leverage existing relationships, and develop, identify, and maintain new ones to provide a solid, ongoing and growing event sponsorship revenue stream.
- Engage with sponsors to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled, leading to delighted re-engagement in future years. This includes general logistics and follow-up such as confirming registration codes, inclusion in VIP activities surrounding the event, and making sure sponsor goals align with Mozilla goals.
- Work with MozFest communications staff to create and build marketing opportunities for activating new sponsors in a clear and compelling manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain a presence at MozFest to make sure all sponsor needs are met.
- Build a spreadsheet that collects and tracks all sponsorship leads for MozFest for consideration as a MozFest or future event sponsor.
- Participate in post-festival debriefs with Mozilla teams in order to share key findings and recommendations for following years
- Often requiring travel, you may be part of a team at a given event (for example, hosting a VIP Dinner) that facilitates and directs small and large group conversation to ensure a high-quality experience for all guests. Comfort and confidence with public speaking is a plus.
- Ability to handle diverse sponsorship portfolios, with partners from various sectors
- Experience working on fundraising projects that target a global audience
- Extraordinary organisational skills, high level attention to detail and time management
- Social and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work as a team player
- Experienced at problem solving
- Confidence to liaise with a wide range of internal and external partners
- Awareness of the aims and objectives of the Mozilla Foundation and the Mozilla Festival
- VIP liaison experience
- Energetic, driven and motivated
- Take initiative, raise to challenges
- Experience in problem solving
- Personable and able to relate to people at all levels
- Sensitivity to confidential issues
- Calm and positive approach to complex issues
The Mozilla Foundation can hire in the jurisdictions of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.