Sr. Front-end Engineering ManagerApply for this job
- Taipei Development Center
We are looking for a senior front-end engineering manager to lead Taipei front-end engineering teams to contribute in realizing Mozilla’s strategic vision for the internet. In this role, you are not only a hands-on leader who is able to provide technical feedback on projects you are responsible for, but also a manager who help your teams on reaching their goals by providing support and career development.
As the Sr. Front-end Engineering Manager at Mozilla, you will…
- Lead web frontend development team and android app development team
- Apply expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies.
- Advise senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization.
- Set clear expectations for your group, set goals, deliver results, and hold your team accountable for them.
- Anticipate and address issues within the team around communication, performance, team interpersonal dynamics, and unclear ownership swiftly and directly.
- Build resource plans that anticipate future needs, and work with management peers to ensure we're investing our resources wisely across the entire group
- Manage your team's healthy work attitude and ethics, and find creative ways to make them more effective.
Your Professional Profile
- 10 years of experience in software engineering, with at least 4 years of people management experience.
- Familiar with Android app developement, and strong design and programming skills in JAVA.
- Experience effectively leading and shipping software projects at scale.
- Proficiency with software development practices for issue triage, prioritization, and execution.
- Ability to take the initiative to lead your team to success.
- The ability to communicate effectively within multiple teams.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.