Data & Analytics Operations EngineerApply for this job
- Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco
As a Data Operations Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Design, implement and operate data systems to meet the needs of the organization by synthesizing organizational requirements and identifying the best method of presenting the data for business decisions.
- In partnership with product owners, work with business partners on data anomalies and requests for information.
- Ensure the availability of critical data systems via automation and monitoring.
- Develop, recommend and implement process and procedure changes to systematically improve data integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply patches and versions when required.
- Monitor the quality of data and information, report on results, and identify and recommend system application changes required to improve the quality of data in all applications.
- Investigates data quality problems, conduct root-cause analysis, correct errors, and develops process improvement plans across all programs.
- Integrate data from multiple sources and design, develop, and generate ad hoc and operational reports in support of objectives.
- Plan, implement, automate, evaluate and maintain security requirements in partnership with InfoSec.
- Understand and recommend OS settings to provide an optimal environment for data services (Linux SysAdmin experience is necessary)
- Strong foundation in data systems (SQL and/or non-relational)
- Experience with complex ETL processes, Data Modeling, working with Business intelligence applications
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages: Python, Go, Ruby, C/C++, Scala, Java
- Experience with AWS technologies, such as: Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR
- Expertise in disaster recovery planning and recovery across multiple data centers, performance tuning and optimization
- Extensive experience with database replication, mirroring and transaction log shipping
- Experience with a configuration management system like Puppet, Ansible or Chef
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex database administration problems
- Deep understanding of database performance monitoring and analysis tools
- Experience with tools and technologies we’re using: Kafka, Spark, Redshift, Airflow (or similar), Vertica
- Experience with Hadoop management planning and architecture and maintenance
- Ability to engage with technical staff and suppliers to design an infrastructure that allows for common, programmatic access patterns to core and ad-hoc data pipelines
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.